Alexis Bistro & Wine Bar

I'm one of the few people I know who actually enjoy dining on my own. Weird, I know. It's not that I don't love eating out with people, but there's also a certain satisfaction in enjoying your own company without a need to keep up with conversation. To just sit back, enjoy whatever music is playing on the background, actually pay attention to your food and surroundings and people-watch to your heart's content.

Alexis Bistro & Wine Bar at The Gardens Mall, Kuala Lumpur was one such place I found myself doing just that, on a recent solo shopping expedition. I was probably the only one on my lonesome on Valentine's Day, what with The husband still in Germany, but the environment and layout of the dining area was such that it didn't feel awkward sitting on my own at all.



Jazz music kept me entertained for the duration. I loved the industrial, minimalist decor, brightened up with a stretch of bright red paint where the menu is written. The vibe was soothing and relaxing, the wait staff efficient and unobtrusive and the menu filled with interesting Asian and Western cuisine options. It was also fun to watch the hustle and bustle of the open kitchen at work.


I was only after a small snack and a place to rest my feet and relax with a glass of wine away from the manic of Chinese New Year shoppers. The New Zealand Sauv Blanc I had did the trick, which was lovely with my platter of succulent seared scallops, with grilled asparagus and a spicy tomato salsa.


After that, a sumptuous portion of Tiramisu called out my name, and who am I to ignore the call of dessert? It was delicious - spongy, creamy and full of flavor with a lovely crunch from the nutty topping paired with a small dollop of raspberry coulis that added a nice zing. It's nice to take yourself out on a date every once in awhile.


Lot f209, 1st Floor
The Gardens
Mid Valley City
Lingkaran Syed Putra
59200 Kuala Lumpur
T: +603 2287 2281

Comments

  1. Definitely this is one of best restaurants décor and I must say presentation of food is awesome too. Generally we see these kind of things in local San Francisco restaurants and can’t expect it to be Kula Lampur.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts