Jam Organic Cafe, Takapuna

I had quite possibly the best breakfast I've had in Auckland thus far at Jam Organic Cafe, a nondescript, small but inviting space just a stone's throw away from Takapuna Beach. Most of the seating is outdoors (which makes it very popular on sunny, summer days!) and the decor is simple, but this is a place where simple things are done well, and fresh food and simple ingredients are taken to the next level. 

The French toast I had here was simply delicious. An everyday comfort food was transfomed into something exquisite and it may have something to do with the delicious dollop of banana mousse, the bacon fried to perfection, or perhaps it was the soft yet crispy-on-the-edges bread that had me swooning with each mouthful.

The Husband's Eggs Benedict looked wonderful and tasted even better. The egg was poached to perfection, and went deliciously with the creamy mushrooms and generous drizzle of hollandaise sauce.  I've also heard wonderful things about their chicken salads, omelettes and big breakfasts, which I've yet to try. 

The coffee was delicious, the staff lovely and helpful, and I'm looking forward to going back and trying the other items on the menu (the mince on toast with a poached egg had my name on it). 

Picnic-style table and benches at Jam
A small but popular cafe in Takapuna
My regular - A Flat White
Best French Toast I've had in Auckland!
Delicious Eggs Benedict with creamy mushrooms
Jam Organic Cafe
Shop 1A, 33-45 Hurstmere Road,
Takapuna, Auckland 0622
Tel: +64 (09) 486 1600

Comments

  1. I hope you will be taking me there for brekkie :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts